Pantheon provides sales and rentals of functional trusted quality brands of concrete grinders/polishers, shaving and milling machines, floor scrapers, auto scrubbers, joint pumps, joint saw, dust collectors and more.
Concrete is a highly durable surface. One way to enhance its beauty and make it a truly decorative creation is by grinding, polishing and/or chemically treating the surface. The most common methods to produce decorative polished concrete include deeper grinding to expose more aggregate, dyeing the concrete and polishing the surface to a high shine or gloss level.
Benefits of Polished Concrete:
- High Durability - Extremely strong and resilient and is able to withstand the pressure from very heavy foot traffic and equipment. It is very difficult to damage and is nearly impossible to chip or scratch.
- Life-Span - A properly installed, sealed and maintained polished concrete floor can be expected to last a hundred years or more in even the harshest commercial environments.
- Easy to Maintain - Polished concrete flooring is relatively easy to maintain. You just have to dust mop or broom sweep daily to prevent dirt accumulation.
- Cost-Effective - Polished concrete floors can cost as little as $2 a square foot or as much as $30 a square foot.
- Many Design Options - There is an endless variety of color and texture effects and can simulate the look of dozens of different pricier materials.
- Sanitary - Properly finished and sealed concrete can be virtually resistant to fluids, especially water.
- Slip-Resistant - It can also be sealed with a non-slip epoxy coating to add texture and prevent falls and injuries.
- Chemical-Resistant - A non-sealed concrete floor is porous, although, concrete floors can be sealed with a chemical-resistant epoxy coating to protect them against extreme chemicals (alkalis and acids) and corrosion.
- Thermal Shock-Resistant - Coatings that can be applied to concrete flooring to ensure that disbondment, delamination, cracks, bubbles and other deterioration does not occur if your floors are subjected to very hot water or steam washes.
- Static Dissipative - An unsealed concrete floor often exhibits antistatic tendencies, although, they are dependent upon the floor’s moisture levels, making it unreliable. Anti-static coatings can be applied to concrete flooring to ensure static discharge doesn’t cause damage to static sensitive equipment.
- No VOC - Concrete floors do not contain harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) like hardwood floors, vinyl carpets and synthetic carpets.